Site Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200225116
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Carrier Services team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to build flawless integration of Apple Retail Stores and Apple Online store with major US Carriers for iPhone activations.
- 4+ years of extensive hands on experience with Java.
- 4+ years of extensive hands on experience with a scripting language like Python.
- 4+ years of hands on experience in writing sophisticated queries and procedures in Oracle.
- 4+ years of hands on experience of working with Cassandra.
- 4+ years of hands on experience with Splunk.
- 3+ years of hands on experience of working with a messaging system like RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- 3+ years of proven experience with reactive and functional programming.
- Excellent code-debugging, analytical problem solving skills.
- Good solid understanding of TLS encryption, certificates and 2 Way SSL.
- Should be proficient in using Git.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving large-scale distributed systems.
- Should be proficient with load balancing concepts.
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS etc.
- Experience supporting large scale Java applications.
- You should have both proven Software Development skills and strong Linux / Systems expertise.
As SREs, we keep business critical, revenue-generating systems up and running despite bandwidth outages and configuration errors. It's a cross-disciplinary role where we strive to automate time consuming, inefficient activities and improve service resiliency without harming development speed. Most of our tools are developed using Java, Python, Oracle and Cassandra. To be successful you will need to have good understanding of networking, ability to lead a small team and come up with innovative solutions. You are self motivated, capable of taking business critical decisions and should be comfortable working in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience