· We offer excellent compensation
· Qualify upon hire for an annual bonus of at least $2,000.
· Enjoy outstanding and affordable medical benefits as well as a robust paid time-off program.
Responsible for safely operating resin manufacturing and processing equipment in order to produce quality resins that are used in the manufacture of paint products. Works under the direction of the Resin Lead and the Resin Manager.
· Follows all safety, environmental and regulatory policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Uses all required safety equipment.
· Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
· Maintains raw material inventory by transferring materials from the warehouse or bulk storage tanks to the Resin process area.
· Processes all resins in a properly cleaned reactor. Correctly follows batch instructions and standard operating procedures for adding raw material ingredients to process resins, latex emulsions, and all other related polymers. Procedures include, but not limited to, opening and closing valves, checking gauges for material flow and temperature, starting and stopping pumps, agitators, fans, and blowers, determining heat and cooling requirements, and performing quality checks to process resins for proper formula specifications.
· Monitors the batch process by taking data readings using electronic information systems, and takes batch samples for quality control testing. Testing is performed in accordance with guidelines and standard test methods.
· Records data as prescribed. Adjusts batch quality as necessary, Calibrates, adjusts and monitors lab testing equipment in accordance with prescribed guidelines.
After production batch is completed and quality approved, properly filters and transfers material to storage tanks.
· Cleans the reactor as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
· Must be able to walk up and down stairs throughout the shift
· Must be able to climb ladders as needed
· Must be able to comply with 5S and facility housekeeping requirements (painting, chipping floors, relocation of equipment and raw materials, clean-up of hardened resin and other materials, etc.)
· PC Computer training
· Ability to lift 50 pounds infrequently
· Forklift certification training
· Need to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as eye protection, safety shoes and Full Face Respirator
· Minimum of 2 years working experience and knowledge associated with Resin/chemical processing.
· Post high school education in chemical or tech related field preferred
· Ability to work 12 hour shifts and overtime as needed
· Ability to work in a team environment and able to be cross-functional.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction.
· Ability to work safely and follow SOP's.
· Good interpersonal communication skills.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.