Mail UI Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200227491
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're looking for an engineer to help us shape the future direction of Mail on iOS and macOS. Your impact will extend beyond Mail, as you help drive the iOS and macOS platforms forward.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment focused on learning.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong object-oriented programming experience.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose performance, memory, and other issues by digging into lower levels of the stack.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for design.
In this role, you'll help us develop new, innovative Mail features while taking existing features to the next level. You'll be involved from beginning to end - brainstorming, prototyping, coding, debugging, shipping, and addressing customer feedback. You will collaborate with the Mail Frameworks team, the WebKit team, other iOS application and framework teams, and Apple's Human Interface group. Our ideal candidate is imaginative and self-motivated, and cares deeply about craftsmanship and quality.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent.
- Familiarity with UIKit and AppKit
- Experience with user interface development
- Knowledge of SQL databases and database schema design
- Basic understanding of the OS, graphics, networking, and other sub-systems
- Knowledge of Objective-C, preferred.