Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is looking for a Project Level Quality Engineering to join our team focused on improving the quality of products with a focus on Embedded SW. The incumbent will have quality ownership of released product lines with success measured by reduced customer complaints, improved warranty, and time to issue resolution. The individual will leverage strong technical product knowledge, robust root cause failure analysis and systematic problem-solving skills to drive improvements for our customers. Speed, agility, and customer focused are key in this fast-paced environment where the individual will be working with marketing, design, and continuation engineering. This position has interactions with customers and relevant stakeholders to provide updates on progress.
Develops, evaluates, revises, and applies technical quality assurance protocols/methods to inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment, and finished products. Ensures activities and items are in compliance with both company quality assurance standards and applicable government regulations. Performs analysis and identifies trends in the inspection of finished products, in-process materials and bulk raw materials, and recommends corrective actions when necessary. Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed. Ensures compliance with internal and external specifications and standards such as ISO regulations. Evaluates and analyzes the efforts in organizing, documenting, and interpreting inspection support documents and records.
Information Processing Capability:
- Read and interpret technical product documentation with understanding of product usage within customer application and environment
- Performs risk assessment of field issues, establishes containment, corrective, and preventative actions.
- Analytical and problem-solving competency to drive performance results
- Uses dashboards and metrics to drive on-going continuous improvement
- Leads Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and ensures corrective and preventive action planning, addresses true and systemic root cause, and eliminates repeats
- Able to navigate a complex matrix organization to influence partners to deliver product/process improvements.
- Able to work with our continuation engineering teams to successfully deliver ESW updates to existing products by establishing robust quality planning, and execution.
- Pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency, and develops/implements timely actions
- Focus on prevention, timely issue resolution and contributing to team
- Demonstrates collaboration and partnership with peers, key stakeholders, and team
- Works well in a matrix organization and accepts shared accountability
- Balances priorities and communicates well to team, stakeholders, and management
Accepts Role Requirements:
- Maintains accountability for high quality performance throughout product lifecycle
- Presents and communicates quality readouts to appropriate leadership as required
- Manages varying priorities and collaborates across multiple functions and disciplines, internal and external customers
- Participate and support key employee initiatives including the employee engagement survey, culture of inclusion initiatives and ethics
- Collaborates with stakeholders, business partners and internal and external customers
MinimumEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONrequirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Up to 5% and may include global travel
- Minimum of 8 years in quality, or SW/ESW product development.
- Proven effective communication across all organizational levels
- Ability to influence and drive results with cross-functional and global teams within a complex matrix organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to drive performance results
- Strong experience in continuous improvement and QA tools and methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Primarily Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI)
- Ability to execute Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP.
- Certification in LEAN, Six SIGMA tools and methodologies (i.e., Green Belt / Black Belt).
- Effectively provide key inputs into product requirements by leveraging deep understanding of HW, SW/FW, and embedded Software integration at a product, application and system level
- Sound technical understanding of the environment inclusive of products and infrastructure that must work together to achieve the desired customer outcome
- Project Management or Project Management Professional certification
- Master of Science or MBA is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).