Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
SUMMARY / SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Project Manager will be working with large end customers primarily in the Pulp and Paper business.
The Project Manager has responsibility for successfully planning, executing, controlling and managing project deliverables with high complexity and risk for a portfolio of projects.
The Project Manager acts as liaison between the company and the client through an entire project life-cycle from order acceptance by Rockwell Automation through to client sign-off.
To ensure that customer satisfaction, margin targets, and quality standards are achieved, project scope, schedule, and budget details and efforts of team members and third party vendors must be managed.
Many cross-functional interaction (e.g., sales, systems engineering, product development, finance, and operations) are required.
The duties will also require change order proposal and estimate generation, client negotiations, contract review and sub-contractor communications.
- Knowledge of industrial / commercial control technologies, automation, and information platforms, protocols, and communications technologies with specific emphasis on Rockwell Automation solutions such as Pulp and Paper applications.
- Able to develop project plans (budgets, schedules, and plans) for complex projects.
- Proficiency with Project Management functions such as customer interface, project budget maintenance, project schedule maintenance and project manpower planning
- Commercial project achievement and leadership in a controls engineering and automation related business
- Skillfully leads, motivates, and manages a geographically dispersed engineering and project delivery organization and making effective use of collaboration tools and remote management skill
- Proven ability to manage multiple medium to large scale projects successfully and simultaneously within margin targets.
- Must have commercial savviness with the ability to understand the customer's viewpoint while navigating a path to a mutually successful project for both the customer and Rockwell Automation.
- Able to work with customers for business development and implementation strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills with proven abilities to effectively work in a team setting.
- Primary interface with customer, sales and other Rockwell Automation entities for assigned projects.
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving and negation skills
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to excellence in every aspect of the business with an uncompromising stance on ethics and transparency, internally and externally.
- Possess a strong understanding and the ability to discuss the financial aspects of project management: forecasting, cost tracking, percentage completion, revenue recognition, and project accounting
- Responsible for managing subcontracts that include contract labor and/or fixed price deliverables
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, or Project Management
- Ability to travel up to 25% and work at industrial customer sites.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship is being offer with this role.
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer project commitments.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and formal PMI PM training.
- Minimum five years of experience with direct customer project management including all aspects of scope, schedule, quality, and financial management.
- Success working in a stressful environment with many competing priorities where constructive feedback from others is encouraged and expected.
- Excellent conflict resolution and people interface skills.
- Typically possesses industry, application or technology knowledge relevant to the pulp and paper industries.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).