Software Engineer, Video team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200212845
The Apple TV Services Teams What happens when the world's most innovative engineers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more - including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they've engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible.
- You bring the following : 5+ years experience in software development.
- proficiency in Objective-C
- solid understanding of multithreading and concurrency fundamentals
- excellent analytical, programming, and debugging skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- experience with web services, databases, and DevOps a plus
- experience with MVPD services, linear and VOD streaming platforms a plus
- Strong communications skills
- You will lead multiple projects and timelines, so time management will be essential.
- You love collaborating under tight deadlines and tackle problems with imaginative and elegant solutions.
- You are excited about reaching millions of users across our many platforms
- You bring an affinity for Apple Media Products and digital content, in general.
Drawing on your experience delivering streaming media applications across a broad array of device types and media formats, be part of a team of engineers helping to expand Apple's video service features. As an engineer working in Apple TV team, you will be responsible for prototyping breakthrough ideas, developing features, and investigating and fixing bugs. There are also possible contributions to complementary internal web services. We are looking for people who can express passion around what they are working on and get excited about the in home user experience.
Education & Experience
BS/BA in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is preferred.