Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Summary of Position
With this opportunity at Rockwell Automation, you will become an integral member on an incredible team tasked with supporting a highly automated, cutting edge assembly line that utilizes the latest and greatest Rockwell Automation hardware and software. This position will be based in Milwaukee, WI and will include some travel to vendor sites, as you learn about the inner workings of new machines before they are runoff and delivered to Rockwell Automation's facility in Milwaukee. This position will be responsible for ensuring that equipment is fully operational to support the production of Rockwell Automation products through the installation, maintenance, and repair of highly automated equipment. Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning equipment used in the manufacturing process. You will have the opportunity to help identify root cause of errors, dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches, schematics or drawings. You will use test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts on equipment and rebuild manufacturing equipment as required. May perform equipment modifications as directed by engineers. This position will also offer the opportunity to troubleshoot and repair product that has been flagged by the manufacturing equipment as defective. Finally, the production equipment that this position will be supporting will be highly visible to Rockwell Automation executives and our customers. The person filling this role needs to be comfortable working in a high visibility role.
May perform one or more of the following:
- Perform required maintenance (preventive and repair) on electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic production equipment through the review and analysis of machine data
- Identify and resolve machine and process issues relating to downtime, scrap and performance
- Read and interpret diagrams and prints to repair machines or ensure product quality
- Update Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Respond to immediately to production line faults to restore operation
- Maintain good care of equipment and tools used
- Monitor spare parts inventories and make recommendations to assure availability
- Record preventive maintenance and repair data using computer based systems
- Identify parts and materials required, coordinates acquisition with the supervisor, engineer and/or planner
- Practice safety standards
- Perform assigned job functions in accordance with established procedures to assure that waste materials are disposed of in accordance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Support the procedures implemented to maintain ISO Certification
- Perform other maintenance duties, as required
- Perform troubleshooting on production line and of failed production parts to identify and resolve causes of failures
- Some travel maybe required. This role will learn the hardware and software needs of the equipment early during the design, in order to best support it when it arrives at Rockwell Automation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).