Senior Back End Engineer- Wallet & Apple Pay - Cupertino
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 5, 2021
Role Number: 200228789
Looking for talented, passionate and results-oriented individuals to join our team to build data foundations and tools to craft the future of commerce and Apple Pay. You will design and implement scalable, extensible and highly-available platform to ingest large variety of data tapping into various sources, that will enable actionable insights & strategy for payment products. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the way; we believe analytics is a team sport, but we strive for independent decision-making and taking smart risks. Our team collaborates deeply with partners across product and design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation by providing the business and data scientist partners the outstanding systems to make decisions that improve the customer experience of using our services. This will include using large and complex data sources, helping derive measurable insights, delivering dynamic and intuitive decision tools, and bringing our data to life via amazing visualizations. Collaborating with the head of Wallet Payments & Commerce BI team, this person will collaborate with various business and engineering teams to identify requirements that will drive the creation of a unified data management platform. We are seeking an outstanding person to play a lead role in helping the business users make decisions using data and visualizations. You will partner with key stakeholders across the engineering, analytics & business teams as you design and build a unified data management platform. The ideal candidate is a self-motived team player, skilled in a broad set of programming techniques with the ability to adapt and learn quickly, provide results with limited direction, and choose the best possible data processing solution.
- 10+ years professional experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend systems and web services focused on performance, scalability and reliability cutting across on-premises and cloud environments
- Expertise in developing backend systems
- In-depth understanding of Core JAVA, Concurrency, Multithreading, Java Collections Framework, reflection, Java IO & NIO and lambdas
- Work with relational and/or NoSQL database systems such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Expertise in Python, Unix Shell scripting and Dependency driven job schedulers
- Strong fundamentals in data structures & algorithms, concurrency, object persistence, file systems
- Knowledge of containerization of applications using Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD deployment pipelines is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead projects: participating in requirements gathering, implementation, and deployment
- Proven track record in architecting, crafting, developing and operating complex and scalable backend applications, reusable components or functionalities in server platforms.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills - collaborate effectively with peer engineering teams and cross-function partners,
- Familiar with micro-services architecture and server side technologies, such as RESTful API design.
- Familiarity with front end frameworks like React, Vue or Angular is a plus
Translate business requirements by business team into data and engineering specifications Work with engineering and business partners to define and implement the data engagement relationships required with partners Develop Python and Shell Scripts for data ingestion from external data sources for business insights Build template systems to automate and manage metadata for analytics Analyze complex data sets, identify and formulate correlational rules between heterogenous data sources for effective analytics and reporting Build highly performing, low latency secure RESTful micro-services Process, clean and validate the integrity of data used for analysis Ingest data from third party data sources via API and data connectors Build alerting systems to monitor data sanity Comfortable and effective working in an Agile development methodology Work with partners and strategize on long term business plans Develop new and innovative applications as well as debug and refactor existing code Mentor a team of hardworking engineers
Education & Experience
Minimum of bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or EE, or relevant industry experience is preferred