Camera HW Engineer -Depth Module Calibration & Test Design (Software)
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Mar 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200228997
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Depth Test Engineering group is responsible for research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for module calibration & test engineer with responsibilities for the designing and bringing up the hardware, software, and data systems to calibrate and test Apple products. You will be involved with designing, implementing, debugging, and developing the methods to calibrate imaging systems and then the metrics to quantify their performance. You will put together the systems that help communicate, deploy, and control the quality of Apple products manufactured around the world.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- Detailed experience designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining SW at scale.
- Understanding of imaging systems, camera technology nice, but not necessary.
- Candidate should be familiar with the product development lifecycle in addition to manufacturing details on how SW fits into component supply chains.
- Experience in test engineering, specification documentation, software operations, and log data analysis is critical to what the candidate will do.
- Main programming experience with C++ / C / Python / CMAKE / Jenkins all relevant.
- Self-motivated professional that will build tools to help make other people more productive.
- Good teammate with capability to work remotely on different projects.
- Experience on camera/depth sensing device/optical device test would be huge plus.
JOB DESCRIPTION Develop new testers & the SW related to tester systems You will help design, deploy, and maintain the SW that helps run test and characterization equipment at apple. Analyze volume data to provide mentorship on engineering decisions. You will create automation, tools, and documentation that helps other team members scale responsibilities to different projects.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Applied Science / Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent preferred
- You may travel up to 10% to both Apple and suppliers' facilities for testing development and production bring up (usually ~1 to 2 weeks travel at a time).