AI/ML - Architect, Siri Experience
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Mar 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200222306
One of the beautiful things about working at Apple is the connection that every engineer has to the end customer. You will be working through close partnership with multiple teams in the AIML and Siri org. You'll be helping teams get deeper understanding of how the experiences we're building-in the home, on the go-are being used, looking at the key areas of performance, reliability and quality. You will be a part of a small, collaborative team of engineers in Siri Engineering Efficiency team responsible for building and standardizing tools, process, code, and best practices across product teams with the aim of improving the quality of all of them holistically. You will be collaborating with engineers in several technical areas who have crafted the entire range of Siri's capabilities. Our team interfaces with all Siri, acts as a liaison between component, product teams and platform with the end goal of making it easier for the Siri engineers to release features. To succeed in this role, we are looking for a strong developer and creative problem solver who thrives in a rapidly changing environment, working across teams and organizations. We value team members who can quickly prototype, iterating all the way to high-quality implementations. We're having conversations about how to approach projects that would introduce step-change improvements in velocity, experience, performance, and engagement and it's an incredibly exciting time to be on the team!
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Ability to rapidly identify and prototype tools needed to increase productivity
- Experience with managing a tools portfolio and figuring out where to consolidate and/or expand
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Knowledge of common web services protocol (HTTPS/JSON/REST)
- Experience with databases systems and data model design: SQL/NoSQL, Spark
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Ability to express ideas clearly within the team and across departments
- iOS experience with Objective-C OR Swift a plus
- Java, Scala and Python a plus
Your technical knowledge to drive features and improvements is important. The nature of day to day role is highly cross-functional; therefore it's equally important that you must be comfortable with rapidly evolving requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Responsibilities You possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You will execute on product wide tasks by cutting across all Siri components and tools, providing leveraged impact. Specific responsibilities include a wide range of software engineering tasks across multiple Domain areas: Introduce new and assert existing metrics to help make informed decisions, rooted in data and in strategic thinking Collaborate with cross functional teams to capture requirements, understand dependencies and architecture, and implement solutions with out of box thinking Work with multiple teams across the organization to gain a deep understanding of the overlapping areas in order to help identify where efficient tooling can help solve problems Optimizing/aggregating incoming data for improving Siri engineering experience Participate in the continual improvement of engineering tools and processes Help figure out common service themes across multiple product teams, build those libraries and help product teams integrate those libraries, accelerating feature releases You will work closely with engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. You take responsibility; you can demonstrate creativity, initiative, and the ability to work to deadlines. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; and you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.