AI/ML - Sr Software Engineer, Siri Experience
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Mar 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200222310
At Apple, we find joy in solving hard problems. We are motivated by curiosity to not just get the work done, but to continually make our products better. And we want to grow our team with an engineer who brings new ideas and insight for tackling these hard problems. We are looking for a software engineer who wants to bring their passion for building incredible infrastructure to support the next generation of voice assistant technology. This role enables you to build your knowledge of the entire technology stack for iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, with a particular emphasis on Siri. You will work on everything from the way we develop and test, through to the delivery of the software to end users. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on both internal Apple engineers and the billions of users who use our products.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Knowledge of common web services protocol (HTTPS/JSON/REST)
- Familiarity with full-stack software development
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Communicates ideas clearly within the team and across departments
- Splunk, Swift is a plus
To succeed in this role, we are looking for a senior engineer who has experience with scaling distributed systems and can help solve infrastructure problems holistically with the future in mind. We appreciate innovation and creativity in our problem solving. We want an engineer to feel empowered to learn new and better ways of doing things. We value team members who can drives features and improvements catered to our customers.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.