Sr Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200228218
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The IS&T Retail Engineering organization has the goal of providing an intuitive, magnificent and inspiring customer experience interacting with our people, products and services. This Engineering Project Manager role will lead strategic projects by mobilizing critical team members across both business and IS&T leaders to influence, drive and implement groundbreaking retail concepts into reality.
- In-depth experience operating in an e-Commerce environment - both people and technology
- Familiarity and experience with the needs of modern software product management
- Must exude confidence around Product and IS&T executives (Directors, Sr. Directors, VPs and SVPs)
- Ability to lead, take action and provide goal-oriented direction in the face of ambiguity
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- We are looking for a teammate with ability to partner and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task own activities across diverse business units and geographical boundaries
- Comfortable expressing a point of view and inspiring change across projects, programs and processes
- Knowledge of Apple Retail and core products and operating systems preferred
- Must have a passion for process re-engineering - driving predictability while enabling innovation
- Minimum of 5 years e-commerce programs and product management experience
- Demonstrated ability Software Development Lifecycle experience (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- Proven experience leading program teams in a matrixed environment
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience in (software/technology field)
The Engineering PM role is responsible to encourage, mobilize and lead special projects with a focus on common deliverables, goals and timelines. This role will partner across Apple Leadership including IS&T, Retail (Online & Stores), Legal, Internal Audit, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance. You should possess the following strengths: Deal with Ambiguity: You should be comfortable and confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams to move through the unknown. Flexibility when handling directional changes and ability to concurrently balance multiple large-scale programs. Confidence in the ability to listen and be patient with others - working across dynamic organizations will highlight differences on how Apple departments operate.
Education & Experience
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant work experience.