Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Detroit - Michigan
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is doing things never possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers.
This is where you come in. As a Platform Lead for Robotics & Digital Tools, you will act as a leader for your assigned products and technologies through every aspect of their journey. From vision to execution, roadmap definition, feature prioritization, cross-BU coordination as well as external communication and promotion, you shape the future of the customer solutions and help them grow a loyal internal and external customer base. In this role, you'll be involved with product strategy and execution from beginning to end, working with a cross-functional team that includes sales, marketing, legal, product development and engineering as well as partner companies.
Rockwell Automation is looking for an experienced professional in the Industrial Robotics domain who's passionate about helping our customers build better machines with the help of Robots and Mechatronics solutions. Ideally, you have a strong understanding of industrial automation machine design, Motion Control, Robotics application, Software development and a keen acumen for new technologies and market trends.
- Manage all aspects of product lifecycle of assigned products/feature sets from strategic planning to tactical activities (feature definition to launch and support)
- Own and drive full solution requirements for dependent products/technologies across multiple BU's, including hardware, software and application-oriented deliverables.
- Lead new feature development from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, public presentations and competitive analysis.
- Be the key contact person for partner companies within the Industrial Robotics domain. Define and lead implementation of jointed go-to-market strategies and identify further opportunities for collaboration.
- Define success metrics and track and forecast usage for the owned platforms
- Develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities to drive adoption and grow the customer base of assigned products/technologies.
- Serve as the expert and evangelist for products and technologies you own and drive.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategies to identify opportunities to increase customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and according to quality standards.
- Communicate launch plans, status and messaging to marketing and sales team.
- Work closely with UX and user research groups to optimize user centric product features and workflows.
- Ability to Travel up to 40% of the time globally.
- Be a strong leader within a cross-functional team and with partner companies, developing the right products and features to fill market needs, and serve as the customer advocate interacting with functional partners including Engineering, software development, Program Management, Market Development, Finance, Quality and Legal.
- Keep a positive attitude, and serve as a positive example to co-workers.
- Make appropriate & timely decisions based on current information and ensure adherence to existing company policy relating to delegation of authority.
- Lead development and implementation product roadmaps and improvements
- Be a spokesperson for the Kinetix Motion Business when traveling with Sales Division employees and/or customers.
- Take an active role in the development of customer success stories and commercial marketing collateral.
- Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Display dedication and concern toward completing work correctly, thoroughly and in an appropriately timely manner.
- Be very open with management and peers, and conscious of keeping other members of the team up to date on status of work.
- Communicate timely and regularly with project teams to ensure that they have all of the information required to successfully implement projects.
- Interface and provide direct input with other RA product groups such that the corporate business goals are aligned.
- Interface appropriately with vendors and partners to ensure features and requirements are implemented in a timely and responsible manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of five years of Product Management, Sales, Application or Development Engineering experience in the Industrial Robotics industry
- Extensive experience in a product marketing role within the Industrial Robotics and Simulation domains. Project/Program management experience is a plus.
- MBA preferred
- Experience with 3D CAD and Simulation Environments (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Creo, RoboDK, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- A passion for helping customers, rigorous analytical skills and ability to distil market and user behavior down to the core essence.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to comfortably interface with all levels of an organization
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- Outstanding strategic skills with solid creative thinking.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the Industrial Automation and Robotics industries.
- Up-to-date on latest technology trends.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).