Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Software Alliance Manager position is responsible for creating and managing multiple alliances at different stages in their life cycle, including formation of new alliances, growing and managing alliances and end of life cycles. In carrying out this responsibility the Alliance Manager will work closely with Businesses, Industry Teams and Sales Regions. This person is responsible for leading all strategic activities at assigned alliances. The Software Alliance Manager is also responsible for tracking and reporting all direct and indirect financial impact of each strategic relationship or alliance. Business activity at each Strategic Alliance/Relationship is expected to result in excess of $ 10 million annually in economic value within 3 years of its start. The Alliance Manager is expected to have the ability to work effectively in a complex commercial team environment involving Global Sales and Marketing and various businesses globally. The Strategic Alliance Manager will be responsible for working with the Rockwell Automation Technology and the Intellectual Property and Commercial law departments to safeguard company Intellectual property assets and develop contracts governing all activity.
LOCATION: Open to remote, in USA timezones.
The job environment is a challenging opportunity that has in-depth aspects of strategic selling and business development in a single position. This Alliance Manager will be involved with Strategic Relationships and Alliances involving all Rockwell Automation businesses in the priority areas of focus. The Alliance Manager will execute the following tasks:
- Manage and grow assigned existing alliances and strategic relationships
- Find, develop, and cultivate new relationships and appropriate accompanying commercial and technical programs
- Create joint business plans and technical roadmaps with approved funding from the appropriate businesses and partner.
- Create and execute plans jointly with partner, business groups and the field.
- Be a "Leader" with sales and business units in preparing in implementing commercial strategies with partners to achieve marketing and sales goals.
- Develop efficient and highly effective communication strategies with field offices globally on partnering developments.
- Measure effectiveness of alliance programs by reporting joint selling activities and other appropriate economic value metrics.
- Coordinate joint marketing and sales activities and programs with alliance partner
- Create and manage joint target account selling by appropriate market segments
- Report partner development progress to the RA executive team on a regular cadence
- Facilitate "Best Practices" sharing between partner and Rockwell Automation Business Units
- The ability to assess markets and opportunities and build long term strategies to accelerate growth - including Build, partner, buy analysis, joint value propositions and go to market plans.
- The ability to sell complex global customer projects where team selling is necessary with multiple sales locations, Encompass Partners or Alliances, and Systems Integrators.
- Strong knowledge and ability to perform key steps in complex selling and business development cycle. In depth understanding of markets and channels globally
- Create and deliver presentations to diverse audiences from technical to business management to senior management within Rockwell Automation and Partners.
- Effective relationship
- BS in Engineering/Business or equivalent
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 8 year's experience in the industrial automation, information and software marketplace
- Background in Sales or product management is a necessary part of this position.
- Good understanding of technical, business operations and legal implications would be preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).