Messages Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200227855
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're looking for an engineer to help craft the foundation of the Messages application on iOS, macOS, and watchOS. You will be responsible for implementing exciting new features, debugging real customer issues, and improving the performance, stability, and quality of Messages.
- Strong object-oriented development and design skills
- Experience with Obj-C and/or Swift preferred but not required
- Ability to develop solutions using relational databases
- Framework, API, or system daemon development experience
- Experience maintaining legacy code and backwards compatibility, with a record of replacing legacy code with new things in non-disruptive ways
- Experience optimizing the size and performance of applications and frameworks
- The ability to adapt quickly to new technical environments
- A passion for modular, maintainable, testable code.
Join Apple's Messages Infrastructure team as an engineer who is responsible for the design and delivery of the core Messages application infrastructure. Our team cares deeply about building unparalleled experiences for our users who depend on Messages to connect with people around the globe. In this role you will work with colleagues on a shared code base, sharing and contributing in a highly collaborative environment. Along with excellent skills in object-oriented software design and programming, you are expected to have real-world experience leading significant software projects and doing major application development.
Education & Experience
BS Degree in CS, or equivalent