CoreOS Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200228755
Apple's CoreOS organization is seeking a highly motivated test engineer to join the Core Darwin QA team. We recognize that the quality of our software is only as good as that of our testing. The right candidate for this position enjoys finding creative and unexpected ways to torture bits, from both white- and black-box perspectives.
- Advanced experience with UNIX
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of operating systems
- Excellent programming skills in C
- Experience using a debugger
- Excellent collaborative skills with outstanding verbal and written communication abilities
- Understanding of software development workflows and best practices
Your responsibilities will include developing a good understanding of ongoing development efforts across the operating systems teams; working alongside OS developers to create and execute comprehensive test plans during feature development; maintaining and extending automated test harnesses and infrastructures; writing automated tests for kernel and user space features; and generally enabling an increased quality and quantity of test coverage for various parts of the OS.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience