CoreOS Software Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200228748
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? In the Core Operating Systems group, we are committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Join us to help test Darwin software! Core Darwin is part of the Core OS organization within Apple and includes the kernel software for every Apple platform: macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS and tvOS. It also includes libraries, platform-specific software for Intel and ARM CPUs, as well as some higher-level software such as activation locking, app installation and the software that allows your music or podcasts to keep playing while Maps is showing you directions on your phone. As a Test Development Engineer you will work closely with an extraordinary group of developers to build test software across all of these platforms.
- Excellent C programming skills
- Good understanding of operating system principles
- Objective-C and/or Python programming is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. This is a remote position and you will be frequently communicating with your peers via email, video conference, messaging and other electronic means.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Pleasure in breaking software - that is, in finding and demonstrating defects
You will be writing test software, typically in C, sometimes in Python, to test new and existing features of Core Darwin's software. This will include stress, performance, integration, fault injection, and general functional testing, using tools developed by the Test Engineering team and other Apple teams. If needed, you will develop requirements for new testing tools.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or higher degree in CS/CE or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Apple's products is a plus!