Senior Software Data Engineer- Apple Media Products
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Role Number: 200229036
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's Media Products Performance team is looking for a data engineer that thrives in solving exciting problems across a wide variety of environments, all to provide continuous improvements of our Apple Services. We want an individual that believes communication and collaboration are crucial to success.
- Experience processing and analyzing data from different sources
- Experience building analytical tools
- Ability to distill complex analysis and concepts into business-focused takeaway for leadership
- Collecting high-level requirements and translating it into pragmatic solutions
- Enjoys learning new skills and technologies
- Experience building full stack web applications
- Familiar with basic statistic and visualizations (median, 90th percentile, histograms, etc.)
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Scala, Python)
- Working knowledge of ETL principles
- Excellent teammate with a positive demeanor, interpersonal skills
- Effective consensus-building among multi-functional teams
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for some of the groundwork to collecting data from a wide range of sources to process and build mission-critical dashboards. You will partner with a multidisciplinary team to design, implement and iteratively improve tools that hundreds of developers will use to diagnose and improve services that touch hundreds of millions of users. We need a highly motivated and skillful engineer that can see the forest for the trees and balance pragmatism and purism. To be successful you are self-motivated, flexible in your approach, and exude tight-knit collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor and be mentored. Creativity and innovation will be required to design user experiences for tools that have no parallel. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.