Cellular Hardware Engineering Program Manager
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Role Number: 200229418
Are you a wireless hardware engineering professional with strong leadership ability? As a Wireless Hardware Engineering Program Manager, you will work in a fast-paced environment with Senior Project Managers and technical leads and be responsible for developing state of the art Apple products. This is an individual contributor role, leading multi-functional teams from concept through design, implementation and integration of Apple Cellular modems. Apple seeks a technical and seasoned program manager to lead our cellular hardware development platforms. Ingredients for success include a strong technical background in RF and digital board design, understanding of HW and SW integration, and experience working with contract manufacturers and vendors. Candidate must have a consistent record of project management experience in hardware or silicon development, establishing and tracking to schedules, identifying and mitigating risks, and the ability to lead through ambiguity with sound judgment. Candidate will be working in a dynamic engineering environment with a startup mentality, and should possess advanced multi-tasking skills, an ability to react to and handle unexpected critical issues, and be able to succinctly articulate challenges and solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working in complex wireless hardware systems.
- Experience in leading RF and digital hardware development activities (systems engineering, IC design, FW/SW, manufacturing, test and integration, etc.).
- Validated Program Management skills including developing schedules, risk management, and vendor/supplier management.
- Technical knowledge of board level hardware development flow.
- Strong multi-functional collaboration capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated, able to drive hardware programs when faced with ambiguity with minimal guidance, detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Experience with cellular systems is desirable.
Drive development hardware requirements with multiple multi-functional teams (product, modem, RF, digital, power, SW/FW).
Track project schedules for all program phases to ensure HW development schedules are met.
Run development hardware builds, both locally and in Asia (travel required), create and handle hardware build configurations, lead contract manufacturing teams to meet build objectives. Drive allocation requests and distribution of hardware with multi-functional teams.
Support development hardware needs for product and IC design teams.
Work with operations team to ensure build readiness.
Present program status to executive management.
Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams.
Identify program risks and develop mitigation strategies.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical subject area.