Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Assists the Clinical Supervisor with coordination of the Orthopedic Patient Care Coordinator staff to include: orientation, training, coaching, interviewing, hiring, disciplinary action, performance reviews and developmental goals. Leads the staff in the absence of the Supervisor. Assists the manager with payroll, continuing education, weekly schedules, and other employee records in accordance with Medical Center and departmental standards
2. Proficient and correct use of all facets of medical practice software to ensure the integrity of patient database information.
3. Participates in department clinical outcome projects as well as process improvement initiatives of care management.
4. Implements and coordinates patient care needs to facilitate the plan of care.
5. Demonstrates the I.C.A.R.E. behaviors to improve the patient's experience
6. Assist physician with special projects and administrative responsibilities as necessary such as organizing meetings, depositions and lectures
7. Consistently verifies patient appointments, insurance's and in office procedure authorizations. Consistently edits and mails various letters to patients including surgical posting and instructions. Triage patient calls in a timely manner.
8. Assist with physicians, physician assistant, and other disciplines involved with care of the patient to foster a coordinated approach to patient care
9. Responsible for communicating with physician regarding any changes to the medical plan of care to avoid any delays.
10. Demonstrates commitment to work partners to help each other reach mutual goals and learn from each other. Demonstrates actions and behaviors that consistently promote trust, respect, and a positive attitude and promote team morale.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic personal computer skills
- One year of clerical/billing experience in a medical office setting. Medical records experience strongly preferred. Must have excellent communication skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.