Silicon Engineering Documentation Tools Software Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Mar 10, 2021
Role Number: 200229771
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products! Apple's Silicon Engineering Group is looking for a high-energy, highly motivated engineer with a focus on development and operations (DevOps / SRE) to support a variety of key internal projects by improving and streamlining the design and development process.
- Coding skills with a language such as Python, Java, and Scala.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- Proven understanding of Linux and Mac OS.
- Practical real-world experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Including deploying and maintaining production apps and services.
- Practical experience maintaining applications that run on the JVM.
- Detailed knowledge of the Java ecosystem a plus.
- Knowledge of Gradle Build Tool is also a plus.
- Practical experience with version control systems such as Perforce and Git.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as TeamCity and Jenkins.
- Able to work independently and not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to see how to make processes more efficient and automate.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of XML technologies (XSLT/XPath, XSD, etc.), Web Services, REST APIs, UI design/implementation/testing, and software test automation are a plus.
Writing code to maintain and provision production/testing/dev environments.
Maintain and build alerting, monitoring, and release processes.
Build out infrastructure according to requirements.
Employ deployment styles including blue-green, canary, and feature flagging.
Contribute to mainline code to improve stability, performance, and maintainability.
You should expect a split of 60/40 between performing ops related work and coding.
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree in Engineering or Computer Science