System Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200228396
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience with scripting languages such as Lua, Python, bash
- 2+ years experience working with relational DB such as Postgres, MySQL
- Experience in application unit testing and deployment
- Experience in working with REST services is helpful
- Experience in frontend development is helpful (react programming language)
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Outstanding collaboration skills; excellent teammate
The Field Service Diagnostics Engineering group builds and supports all hardware diagnostics used by support technicians for Apple products. We strive to deliver the best possible customer and technician experience by providing high-quality, easy to use tools to support all Apple products. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining existing tools, handling diagnostic scripts and test configuration data, as well as working with various engineering teams to gather requirements, define, develop, and test the next generation of diagnostic, troubleshooting, and support tools for Apple. An ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of automation, programming, systems integration, and testing, as well as a passion for Apple products and great user experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.