Engineering Project Manager, Software Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200228788
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! The Ad Platforms EPM team is looking for a self-driven, versatile Engineering Project Manager to help deliver critical products and features that impact the growth of the business, adhering to the highest levels of privacy and security that Apple holds. The EPM will work with one or more engineering teams to lead and facilitate planning, scheduling, and execution of a dynamic backlog of work, paying close attention to project dependencies, risks, and timelines - all in a fast-paced environment! This involves the opportunity to collaborate closely with engineers and architects to define, refine, and/or refactor solutions, approaches, and designs, applying relevant prior experiences to address new and exciting challenges that face our organization in the future.
- 8+ years in project management, program management, product management, or engineering management focused on the delivery of complex applications
- 5+ years architecting, building, testing, or delivering user interfaces, microservices, or data pipelines
- 3+ years practicing Scrum software development in roles such as Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Hands-on technical experience in a consumer-oriented field
- Proven experience communicating, managing, and mitigating risk
- Strong communication and presentation skills, oral and written, to all levels of an organization.
- Experience leveraging AWS or other cloud infrastructures preferred
- Familiarity with the advertising industry, ad technology, data privacy, and related legal and regulatory concerns preferred
- Consulting experience is a plus but not required
Ensure on-time delivery of software projects such as product features, enhancements, and improvements meeting Apple's quality, privacy, and security standards. Build a solid understanding of the product strategy and technology guiding our work. Applying your knowledge to help facilitate discussion and decisions regarding priorities, scope, risks, and tradeoffs. Owning and driving project estimation, creation of work breakdowns, and resource planning activities. Influence, track, and lead cross-functional requirements, adherence to internal reviews and procedures, timelines, and dependencies with peers and stakeholders. Negotiate outcomes for your teams that resolve timing, scope, and resource conflicts and position us to deliver quality work that achieves business goals. Prepare and present insightful updates on key strategic initiatives to the organization and to leadership. Mentor and facilitate effective use of Scrum methodology with your teams. Tailoring your approach to Apple's ecosystem, toolsets, and methods.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters, or equivalent professional experience in Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field