Software Engineer - Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200229139
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
- You have proficiency in one or more: perl, python, ruby, go with experience in object oriented programming.
- You are knowledgable in Linux/Unix and subsystems (process management, kernels, etc)
- You have sound knowledge of Unix network protocols and tcp/ip network fundamentals.
- You have experience with core infrastructure technologies (PKI, DNS, NFS, SSH, SNMP)
- Experience in configuration management technologies (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- You have knowledge of Load Balancers software and hardware (Netscaler, F5, HAproxy,nginx, etc).
- Experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins,Hudson, etc).
- Experience in Building Applications using AWS
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills
- You have had exposure to a large production environment and related operations
- 3+ years of experience in Dev Ops
- A strong interest in open source technologies such as Mesos, Docker etc.,
Implement standard methodologies and design patterns to improve quality and productivity Participate in rotational on-call (during PST hours) Work closely with Engineering, Product and other multi-functional teams in delivering projects that use the Hadoop and related Framework Participate in technology/framework related projects, new product evaluations, POCs
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Master degree preferred
- Experience with working with Hashicorp stack (terraform, nomad, consul, vagrant, packer, etc) is a huge plus
- Exposure to Ad tech is a huge plus
- Experience with CI/CD is a huge plus