RF System Engineering Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 10, 2021
Role Number: 200230066
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and unusually hardworking Wireless System Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and extraordinary opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every single day. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a RF system engineering to specify, develop and validate state-of-the-art wireless silicon for application in Apple's products.
- - Extensive technical background of one or more of the following:
- - RF system engineering, including familiarity with RF transceiver architectures, frequency planning, line-up analysis and performance budgeting and simulation.
- - Proven understanding of RFIC architecture, design concepts and techniques.
- - Familiarity with key RF performance metrics (e.g. NF, IP2, IP3, multifaceted range, EVM, ACLR, etc) and the tradeoffs involved in practical approaches to achieving high performance.
- - Familiarity with wireless standards, such as those found in IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP.
- - Familiarity with system validation methods and test equipment.
- - Working understanding of communications theory and signal processing algorithms.
- - Working understanding of digital architecture principles.
- - Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience managing or leading RF system teams.
- - Excellent communications skills - both written and oral.
- - Experience with executive communication is a plus.
- Leads all aspects of RF system engineering, responsible for development and delivery of new wireless silicon for future Apple products. - Develop complete RF specifications governing silicon and module-level designs, working with partner teams in Platform Architecture, Product Systems, PHY Algo Systems and RF Design. - Develop innovative RF architectures to achieve outstanding performance, power and area. - Introduce RF system features with digitally improved innovations. - Produce RF line-up specifications in close collaboration with the RF design team to guide the development of new radio designs. - Develop and maintain infrastructure for system-level simulation and system verification to ensure first-time design success. - Validate silicon and drive any required revisions to achieve compliance with all RF system specifications to meet full system performance. - Support the delivery of new wireless technologies to the Product Systems teams.
Education & Experience
- MSEE or PH.D. in Electrical Engineering - At least 10 years of proven experience in RF system engineering. Preferred 5 years of management experience.