Cloud Security Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200227460
People at Apple don't just build products they craft the kind of experience that have revolutionized entire industries. The diverse collection of our people and their ideas inspire innovation in everything we do. Imagine what you could do here! Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Cloud Security team builds and provides secure systems and infrastructure that fuel Apple's services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, and Maps). As part of the Apple Cloud Security team, you will help enable the security needs of Apple's services around the world. Your effort will help build solutions to a variety of outstanding security challenges. Join us, and you'll play a meaningful role in ensuring the highest standard of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world.
- 5+ years of work experience developing Unix-based software services
- 2+ years of management experience, or equivalent technical leadership
- Experience in development and operations of a service
- You find collaboration an essential strategy to delivering any product or service.
- Coaching engineers is equally as important has hiring engineers.
- Familiar with public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and/or 1st party datacenter environments
- Experience in continuous development practices (CI/CD, rollback, canaries, feature flags, etc.)
- Strong communications skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done
ACS Security is looking for a manager who will be comfortable joining an existing team who is currently underway in terms of development objectives. This job start by understanding the team, development process, customers, and schedule. Working with ACS Security leadership, you will prioritize customer requests and collaboratively remove any obstacles presented to the team. Furthermore, your responsibility includes communicating the technical details and risks of the project. You'll be required to operate the service, in partnership with SREs, to meet our SLOs. Finally, you will be responsible for the development and growth of the engineering team.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Engineering with emphasis in security related fields (or equivalent experience)
- This position is available in Cupertino or Seattle