Location: Charlotte - North Carolina
Location: Cary - North Carolina
Location: St Louis - Missouri
Outcome-based Marketing and Sales Program Manager
The Solutions Marketing and Sales Enablement Program Manager is a contributing member of the industry solutions marketing team (for SSB and MAVERICK) and will act as a liaison to the sales enablement team, with responsibilities in both marketing and sales enablement.
This role will participate in the development of Rockwell Automation solutions messaging and value propositions specific to identified industries, including but not limited to life sciences, mining/minerals/cement, chemical process, oil and gas, food and beverage and pulp and paper. Companion messaging and marketing initiatives will be developed for business units as necessary, including MAVERICK. Once developed, such messaging and marketing assets will form the basis for sales enablement, the development and deployment of global sales competency commercial programs for SSB solutions by industry and MAVERICK and/or other business unit solutions by industry and / or practice.
The mission of Sales Enablement is to ensure the success of the sales organization by defining sales strategies and sales force design; providing commercial and technical competency programs; developing commercial messaging; implementing modern sales processes; and managing change. Sales Enablement is leading the transformation of the RA sales force to customer-focused, outcome-based selling. The Solutions Marketing and Sales Enablement Program Manager will have a focus on sales enablement for SSB at a solutions level by industry and will include sales enablement for MAVERICK and potentially for other business units as determined appropriate. This role is focused on the SSB organization and will work closely with business units, solutions marketing, and sales enablement teams to develop the material, the strategy, and active a global sales enablement plan.
This role will lead or coordinate the design and development of selling skills programs, including the appropriate tools and processes to enable the account manager and domain experts. This position will work closely with the sales enablement team to ensure industry solutions marketing messaging is rolled out effectively world-wide, working with geographic sales leadership, relevant business leadership and the rest of the competency organization to design, develop, and deploy sales competency programs and tools to increase the effectiveness of the selling organization.
This role will be responsible for driving the adoption and roll out of global sales enablement programs in all regions. This includes working with regional Sales Enablement leaders on execution, along with assisting in modifying programs as needed to address cultural and language variations. Along with development and delivery of holistic programs, covering marketing messages, sales tools and sales messaging, this role will also be responsible for developing measurement for the assigned competency programs.
- Participate in creation and development of industry solutions marketing messaging and value propositions in designated industries
- Ability to work with Rockwell Automation subject matter experts to gather information on industry capabilities, solutions, and to understand and communicate how this information contributes to the larger solutions messaging.
- Ability to work as an effective liaison between marketing and sales enablement teams; ability to troubleshoot gaps in coverage, and to facilitate communication between groups as to these gaps or other needs that can help the sales team be more effective and increase the win rate.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders effectively and measurably drive our marketing messaging throughout the global sales organization.
- Translate complex commercial and technical information into clear and differentiated sales messages
- Ability to design holistic programs in alignment with outcome-based selling, learning maps, and sales processes by industry
- Demonstrate and utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course design, and evaluation skills
- Meet with stakeholders regarding project issues and facilitate decision-making to address these issues
- Drive change management and communication to ensure project goals are achieved
- Evaluate and assure functional readiness of program components prior to launch
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths, analyze program risks, and identify areas for improvement
- Ability to work with the larger organization, including sales, business units, and marketing to create alignment with competency programs
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering.
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Experience in product or solutions marketing
- Knowledge of the Services Business
- Proven experience in program management
- Demonstrated capability to work on multiple types of projects at any one time
- Proven track record resolving complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Ability to collaborate with other organizations within RA, and with global teams
- Interpersonal, leadership, organizational and written/verbal communication skills; ability to sell ideas and present strategies at an executive level
- Marketing or industrial sales experience
- Experience in competency design, development and execution
- A thorough understanding of the various RA sales roles
- Understand and be able to articulate the role of marketing and sales enablement in modern sales organizations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).