Application Security Engineer, Ad Platforms
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 11, 2021
Role Number: 200230100
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. The Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are seeking an application security engineer who is passionate about protecting critical both internal and customer-facing applications and APIs. You will collaborate with engineering leaders, developers, quality engineers, and security teams to secure Ad Platforms' applications and services, present and future. Responsibilities include assessing the risk landscape for products, and helping drive risk mitigation. You will work with partner teams on security tools, penetration testing, and security testing methodologies to keep Ad Platforms services secured. You will experience a rapidly evolving technology and threat landscape and contribute to the education of teams on compliance activities throughout the development lifecycle. You should expect to be exposed to a broad range of systems, including web applications, big data, distributed processing, and virtualized environments.
- Passionate about Application Security with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of web application security threats, exploits, prevention (SQL Injection, XSS, CSRF, platform hardening, etc)
- Ability to triage, reproduce, and recommend remediations for vulnerabilities
- Proficient with a scripting language (e.g., Python, Bash, Go).
- Experience in penetration testing and with tools such as Burp or Zap
- Passion for understanding and researching vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Knowledge of development and integration tools and technologies (e.g. CI/CD)
- Knowledge of tools including static code analysis and dynamic application scanning (e.g. SonarQube, Qualys)
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks and how they can be leveraged for security QE
- Knowledge of networking concepts (firewalls, load balancers, etc)
- Prior experience/background in web application development
- Practical knowledge of cryptography and common attacks against modern cryptographic algorithms (encryption at rest, TLS, hashing, etc)
- Keeping up with industry trends in security technology and threats
- Experience securing applications in public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
IN THIS EXCITING ROLE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Conducting security architecture reviews of the application stack, including applications built on cloud and emerging technologies - Performing security/penetration testing on new applications, products, and features before they are released - Reviewing source code for potential security issues - Designing and automating security test cases to check for vulnerabilities or broken/missing security controls - Providing specific risk assessment and remediation guidelines for developers and business owners - Triaging and reviewing findings from security tools, including static and dynamic scanners - Researching the latest security best practices, trends, threats and vulnerabilities, and technology frameworks - Documenting and disseminating security guidelines for common security issues, remediation guidance, and security baselines - Working with developers to provide security guidance and mentor them on secure development practices - Developing tools and exploits to support security testing - Writing automations to streamline common tasks, tests, workflows, etc.
Education & Experience
Relevant BA/BS degree and/or certifications (CRISC, CISSP, CCIE, CISM, CISA, CCSK)or equivalent experience.