Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity, and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
- Monitor incoming quality of containers; monitor container supply area by each line to ensure adequate quantity for uninterrupted filling line operation.
- Automatic filling machine: Calibrate & properly operate filling machines; check batch ticket for the correct product; monitor correct weights & quality appearance of containers (no drips); retain sample for control lab.
- Lid dropper: Supplied with adequate amount of lids for uninterrupted operation of filling line; lids properly sealed on containers; lid information is legible and correct for product being filled.
- Label machine: Ensure adequate quantity of correct labels and adhesive; monitor the quality appearance of labels and containers.
- Maintain proper operation and minor adjustment of the bail-o-matic machine.
- Case packer: Ensure adequate supply of cartons and tape for uninterrupted operation of filling line; verify carton information is legible and correct for product being filled.
- Palletizer: Supply empty pallets to machine; offload full pallets as appropriate.
- Responsible for accurate count of fill and input data into the terminal for inventory control using electronic information systems.
- Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking the battery, electrical hook-up, etc.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Reporting directly to the department Lead, this role will work seamlessly with the facility team and all departments to monitor the filling line and perform quality checks on all products. Additionally, the Filling Line Operator utilizes equipment, ensuring the filling line is running correctly.
- Responsible for quality filling and packaging of finished products.
- Utilizes automatic equipment.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of 4 or more types of automatic equipment.
- Monitor incoming quality of containers
- Monitor container supply area by each line to ensure adequate quantity for uninterrupted filling line operation.
- Responsible for an accurate count of fill and input data into the terminal for inventory control using electronic information systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and cleanliness.
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's
- Ability to work overtime (up to 4 hours past regularly scheduled shift) and weekends when required.
- Ability to operate fill by weight machine, video jet, labeler, palletizer, case packer, can and carton computer, and depalletizer.
- Ability to use forklift, winch and trolley system
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Physical effort and dexterity
- Frequency of physical activity throughout shift:
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending/twisting of neck and waist, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects from floor, conveyor, vehicle, table or overhead location
- Constant standing (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent lifting of 10-75 lbs. (1-8+ hours) throughout shift
- Frequency of upper and lower extremity activity throughout shift:
- Constant grasping with dominate hand (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent fine hand manipulation, pushing, pulling and reaching above and below shoulder throughout shift.
- Constant walking (6-8+ hours)
- Getting onto electric Walkie riders and forklifts
- Manual lifting of products and bags, upwards of 70 lbs. per
- Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift: