Firmware Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 12, 2021
Role Number: 200230729
We are looking for an energetic manager to join our team. In this role you will have the opportunity to drive the technology and product development for Apple's consumer products.
- 5+ years of proven excellence in firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years leading an embedded software or firmware development team
- Expertise and proficiency in C
- Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments is also valuable
- Experience with RTOS embedded development and multithreaded programming.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Technologies is desired.
- Passion for product ownership and track record of product development
- Able to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
This is a high visibility job that involves leading activities for our team. As a manager, you will play a significant part in the development of products by engaging in very collaborative, rapidly changing environment to integrate new technologies into our designs. You will fully engage to contribute at every stage of the Apple product development cycle, from concept to production, driving both individual product features and overall system validation activities. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. Excellent communication and collaboration is a must, as you will be asked to partner with team members and other engineering teams. Areas of Responsibilities: Drive the current and future firmware architecture for your team's deliverables Outline requirements & document feature specs Collaborate closely with our cross-functional partners Coordinate with your engineering team and the program management team technical updates Make strategic technical product decisions that positively affect the engineering team's ability to deliver embedded technologies Provide employees career-development opportunities and maintain an ongoing constructive feedback loop with them Inspire innovation and technical growth in your employees through hands-on mentoring and encouragement
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience