Location: United States of America Mayfield Heights
Location: Dallas - Texas
Location: Atlanta - Georgia
The Digital Engineering Technical Consultant provides pre-sales services to both internal and external customers focusing on the implementation and deployment of Digital Engineering software solutions. The primary focus of the position is to support the Digital Engineering Sales Team in working with our Customers on their Connected Enterprise Journeys in the areas of Hardware and System Emulation, Simulation, and Dynamic Digital Twins. Reporting to the Regional Manager Software & Control, this position primarily provides sales support to the Digital Engineering Sales Executives primarily within regions as well as other key customer engagements from other sales teams. The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the company. In addition, strong commercial, product/service/solution, and application skills are necessary. This position requires minimal travel but could include opportunities in other global regions.
Respond to RFIs and RFQs
Work with Rockwell sales representatives on sales strategies, plans and execution
Present qualitative and quantitative value of the proposed solutions
Create custom presentations and documents that clearly state customer business problems and Rockwell solutions and benefits
Communicate with customer R&D and engineering representatives to understand customer technical requirements and to present solutions that fit into customer design and engineering processes
Provide guidance to customers and implementers on ways to deploy proposed products including alternatives and their costs and benefits
Work with deployment teams (internal or partners) on deployment strategies and specific proposals as needed
Prepares technical materials, presentations, and tools to improve sales force effectiveness
Evaluates products and provides feedback on product features and performance
Serves as a technical expert for pre-sale customers and internal events
Develops product enhancements to be used by various delivery teams to either extend existing product functionality and/or to improve development efficiency
Serve as RA technical representative to industry associations and standards committees
Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work
Is a self-sufficient knowledge worker
Receives guidelines and goals on new assignments and is expected to develop their own plan to achieve these goals.
Ability to manage an ad-hoc team of individuals to meet a project goal.
- Bachelor's degree
- Software technical sales experience within a manufacturing industry
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Prior years of product experience and application development in discrete event simulation, hardware emulation, 3D system modelling, industrial automation; and pre-sales experience.
- In addition, this position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to work effectively and proficiently with the following:
- Discrete event simulation, hardware emulation
- Mechanical CAD, 3D system modelling
- Control Systems (Allen-Bradley)
- Programming experience in Java, C# or C++ or equivalent
- Robotics, motion control, intelligent cart technology
- Has a Continuous Improvement Attitude
- Maintains their SME status in their Industry
- Stays current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings
- Software / Annual Recurring Revenue / Software as a Service (SaaS) -Subscription model type of experience, including collaboration with a customer success function
- Demonstrated ability to sell at the senior management & executive levels, focusing on the business outcomes and articulating the tangible economic value of our products and digital engineering software solutions
- This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).