AI/ML - Principal Product Manager, Siri Developer Efficiency
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Mar 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200223203
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you passionate about empowering many ground-breaking intelligent experiences to be made? As a member of the Siri Infrastructure & Operations EPM team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end products and processes that are needed to delight Apple's AIML developers to help them build Siri for users around the world. As the primary engineering product manager, you will have a unique opportunity to empathize with and analyze the needs of Siri developers and drive innovation to improve their day-to-day lives. You will own the roadmap for the products, services, and processes that will help improve the developer productivity. Equally importantly, you will lead the program execution to deliver against the roadmap and drive product adoption of the improve the quality, velocity, and reliability of Siri code pipelines. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across the gamut of Apple devices ranging from the iPhone to MacBook to Apple Watch to HomePod that use Siri Assistant! We're looking for an experienced product and program manager that is able to think strategically but is capable of hands-on execution to manage highly complex programs and deliver results that would positively impact 1000s of engineers and 100s of millions of consumers.
- 7+ years of experience across product management, program management, and engineering management functions to develop highly-complex software/hardware products and services.
- Demonstrated product management capability to do customer segmentation, capture customer requirements, analyze strategic options, build a business case, define product roadmap, build products, and drive adoption.
- Technical understanding of different components of a modern product development processes including software pipelines and/or hardware/software design.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly triage, prioritize, and lead under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization ranging from individual developers to engineering leaders to senior executives.
- Define the vision and provide product management capability to build a modern and fully monitored platform for providing a full end-to-end development experience for Siri engineering. - Empathize with Siri developers to understand their workflows and capture products requirements to improve the developer productivity. - Help streamline Siri's code pipeline processes for safe and continuous/agile development and release. - Define the next-gen developer toolsets and dashboards that would lead to 3-5-20x improvements in developer productivity and deliver best-in-class development experience - Own all aspects of program planning for delivering on the product roadmap including partnering closely with our engineering managers, product managers, and engineers to gather requirements, scope effort, manage resource allocation, and schedule of deliverables. - Facilitate communication cross-functionally with other teams both inside and outside of the Siri development organization, ensuring that requirements are well understood, and that priorities and delivery schedules expectations are managed. - Create and run processes that allow for the maximum agility and adaptation across Siri development and developer infrastructure teams while measuring and maintaining the highest possible product quality. - Build relationships across the Siri organization, educating teams on the right way to ship the finest software possible; facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups around Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent in areas, such as, computer science, electrical engineering, and data sciences. Strong plus for candidates with MS/MBA with a focus on data science, AIML, and software engineering.
- Bonus if you have prior developer experience working in software or hardware development for large-scale enterprise applications or systems.