Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare as a provider of direct and indirect patient care and by effectively collaborating with other members of the health care team. Provides all functions related to performing urodynamic studies for patients of the Women's Center for Pelvic Health including test administration, room preparation and equipment cleaning. The LPN contributes to the nursing process in a team relationship with the Registered Nurse.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides direct care to patients and families in a culturally, developmentally, and appropriate manner. Performs all duties related to the provision of urodynamic studies including administration of the study, room preparation, equipment cleaning and documentation of the medical record.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data and identify learning needs according to established standards and policies. Collaborates with the health care team in developing and individualizing a plan of care for each patient in accordance with established standards, appropriate prioritization of problems/needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
- Efficiently implements the patient's plan of care in accordance with applicable standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain management and in other unit or initiative-specific skills.
- Organizes and reprioritizes patient care activities based on patient and/or environmental changes.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of care, making recommendations for revision to the health care team based on analysis of patient responses to interventions. Consistently communicates changes in patient status to the appropriate members of the health care team.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must complete accredited LPN program.
- Must adhere to the credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.