The Washington, DC office of Arnold & Porter has two openings for Bilingual Project Legal Assistants. Applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, school transcript and a short writing sample for consideration. Bilingual Project Legal Assistants assist our legal staff in preparing for due diligence investigations, pre and post-closing transactional work, document productions, and hearings and trials in English and Spanish. Under the appropriate supervision and reporting to the Legal Assistant Manager, the qualified candidate will effectively support attorneys and senior legal assistants on a wide range of legal tasks from case inception through case closure.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with assembly of exhibits and appendices for court papers and trials.
- Organizing paper and electronic documents for use in trials.
- Maintaining indexes and organizing case files and workrooms.
- Indexing and organizing files for off-site storage.
- Assisting with document collection, review and production.
- Preparing for and attending hearings, trials and arbitrations as directed.
- Filing and obtaining documents at various courts and agencies.
- Utilizing legal research software.
- Supporting attorneys and legal assistants in transactional closings.
- Preparing closing sets.
- Filing and obtainng documents at various courts and agencies.
- Organizing and scheduling diligence materials.
- Updating minute books and summaries of officers and directors.
- Conducting research using various resources including databases and the internet.
- Assisting with department projects as needed and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak, read and write English and Spanish fluently.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, with a bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent academic record.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a large workload efficiently and effectively.
- Highly detail-oriented, including the ability to assess and respond to underlying detail issues and implications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and collegiality.
- Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, critical thinking abilities and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Holds proper documentation to travel outside of the U.S.
- Flexibility to work overtime as necessary, including nights and weekends and travel, as necessary.
Candidates who fail to submit a cover letter, resume, school transcripts (all schools) and a brief writing sample will not be considered.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.