Realtime Video Coding and Processing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200230060
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. We are looking for talent who will join us to shape the future of video communication. Our team develops cutting edge technology and system that enable intelligent and interactive video experience in Apple's video communication products, such as FaceTime, AirPlay, CarPlay, SideCar, etc. You will work closely with a group of highly motivated experts to develop exciting video communication and computer vision technologies that will make a huge impact in the products.
- Solid understanding of fundamental theories and practices of video coding and processing
- Software development experience in one of the following: C, C++, Objective C
- Working knowledge of modern video coding standards: HEVC, H.264, VP9, AV1 or VVC etc.
- Strong analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As a realtime video engineer in this role, you will be responsible for prototyping and developing new features, writing unit tests, contributing to design and architecture, tuning algorithms, analyzing and optimizing performance that will shape the future of realtime video communications at Apple. We are looking for a collaborative strong software engineer to join our team and drive Apple's realtime video communication software.
Education & Experience
MS Computer Science or MS Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Desirable (but not required)
- Experience developing realtime and low latency video system
- Machine learning based video coding and processing
- Multi-threaded programming
- Performance optimization of video coding and processing algorithms/systems