Location: Detroit - Michigan
Location: Kalamazoo - Michigan
Location: Toledo - Ohio
The Proposal Leader (Solutions Consultant) is a developing leadership position within the Customer Support & Maintenance ("CSM") organization focused on Field Labor. The position will work closely with the sales and delivery teams to drive the proposal process. The position will include proposal writing and estimating using a customer centric selling model, in a competitive, consistent, timely and efficient manner to achieve the given business objectives. The position combines significant elements of Sales, Engineering, and Project Management. This position will fill project management duties as required.
- Responsible for development of accurate proposal estimates using standards, templates, processes.
- Manages cost of developing proposals.
- Responsible for business forecasting.
- Where needed, provide project management for Customer Support and Maintenance (CSM) projects.
- Works with sales and delivery resources to establish a value proposition, competitive positioning, and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin dollars while minimizing risk for the CSM Project Business.
- Coordinates inputs to the proposal process from various internal and external sources and manages the cost of developing each proposal.
- Responsible for following all company DOA policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation of internal review documents.
- Uses creative and innovative approaches to deliver value to both customers and the company with respect to the CSM Engineering business.
- Understands the Rockwell Automation product landscape, as well as emerging technologies, and educate resources on new and innovative business solutions for our customers.
- Demonstrates expertise in applying technology to solve business problems.
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities to increase quality, speed and cost productivity.
- Coordinates and manages activities, resources and costs associated with developing proposals and delivery projects.
- Bachelors Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in an Engineering field OR an equivalent of 7+ years' related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Field Service Engineer or other project/ application engineering focused position.
- Experience in working on Allen Bradley/Rockwell products, hardware and software.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Project management experience.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining customer relations.
- Familiar with Allen Bradley/Rockwell products. Control Logix, Complex Logix, PLC 5, HMI, Panel View, RSLogix, Factory Talk View, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).