GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE
TITLE: Employee and Community Education Instructor EEO#: 2
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Employee & Community Education Program Manager
DEPARTMENT: Vocational Services – Training & Development DIVISION: All
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Employee and Community Education (ECE), Instructor is responsible for managing training initiatives for Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) employees and community members by developing curriculum and facilitating learning workshops to enhance personal and professional development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and facilitate learning workshops for GICW employees and community members through in-person and virtual learning environments.
- Customize curriculum to meet stakeholders’ and managers’ goals.
· Manage training initiatives, including but not limited to employee onboarding, safety and leadership development programs; community training programs including correctional facilities, educational institutions, veteran organizations, etc.
- Build, strengthen, and maintain internal and external working partnerships.
· Ensure consistency of program offerings, curriculum quality and relevancy, processes, and instructional tools throughout all locations.
· Assist leadership with staff onboarding, coaching, and training, as assigned.
- Evaluate program outcomes through learning application assessments and analysis of results.
- Contribute to the program’s internal and external communication strategy. .
· Assist with entering and maintenance of training information in the ECE database.
· Collaborate across departments to accomplish company goals and maintain working relationships and open lines of communication.
· Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
· Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to all GICW's policies and procedures, CARF standards, Kaizen guidelines, safety and security regulations.
· Provide training coverage in other departmental areas, as needed.
· Perform miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· Master’s degree.
· One year of experience developing curriculum and facilitating learning in a diverse education environment.
· Strong adaptability skills.
· Ability to give and understand instructions, learn new things, make proposals, ask questions, and convey information with ease.
· Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
· Ability to perform moderate to complex computer functions using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other programs including virtual communication.
· Provide own transportation, as required.
· Must maintain consistent, predictable, and satisfactory attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
· Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
· Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
· Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on this job description. This may include passing a state-mandated, federally-conducted criminal background check.
· Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must meet GICW quantitative and qualitative performance standards.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None.
· Work is primarily performed in an office and classroom environment.
· Travel throughout the service area is required.
· May be exposed to individuals with unique behavior patterns.
· High adaptability required: Work environment usually hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
· DOT Strength Classification – Medium.