Cellular Virtual Platform Developer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200231333
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Proficiency in C/C++ (min 5+year industrial experience)
- Virtual Prototype development for SoC for the purpose of embedded software development( Min 3+ year experience in modelling)
- Developing SystemC/TLM2.0 based models of IP blocks, CPU, SoC, System
- Defining transaction level models of peripheral IP's (Memory controller, USB, PCIe, SPI, I2C and power management )
- Familiarity with processor and software bring-up procedures
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python is a plus.
- Porting the embedded operating system on the virtual prototype, developing the device drivers etc.
- Verification of models at IP & SoC level
- Developing test frame work for IP verification and test cases for System level verification.
- Develop System Level Flows and Methodologies using virtual prototypes
- Support the SW teams in optimally using the virtual prototype
Proficiency in C / C++ , Data structures, Algorithms, OOPS concepts Experience in developing SystemC, TLM based models for the virtual platform of a SoC Expertise in creating Virtual Prototype of SoC or Subsystems. Experience in using Virtual Prototype tools (ARM Fast Models, Synopsys Virtualizer, Windriver SIMICS etc..) Validation of virtual prototypes, writing bare metal tests, Embedded tool chain, assembly language, debugging knowledge, embedded Linux Knowledge of Microprocessor, Microcontrollers, SoC architecture, bus protocols etc. Knowledge of Computer and Processor Arch (including Caches, MMU, Pipeline) Should have exposure to quality processes for project execution, delivery, communication with client Exposure to architecture exploration is added advantage.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree