Apple Media Products Engineering - Senior Software Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200230751
- 7+ years of experience (Senior Developer), experienced in a professional programming position with Java and similar languages.
- Strong understanding of building micro-services using REST-style APIs.
- In-depth knowledge of database systems and domain modeling techniques.
- Deep understanding of both SQL and NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, etc.
- Enjoys fixing/improving things and finding solutions to difficult problems.
- Experience with JSON, Protobuf serialization and gRPC.
- Strong belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possess strong and clear communication abilities.
- Experience with video / audio streaming and other media formats a plus.
As an Engineer on the AMP Media Domain Platform team, you'll work on the Media Processing for all of Apple's Media usecases TV, music, movies, AppleTV+, AppleTV channels, App Trailer, Editorial Videos etc. We handle the entire media life cycle, from media creation to international scheduling to developing custom media formats. As a member of our team, you will partner with multiple engineering teams, design teams, business operations, and production support. You will help develop the next generation of Media Processing Pipeline systems and work with our partner teams to help get streaming and workflow solutions into production. You will collaborate with and contribute to AMP's Media Processing Services, helping in media streaming / HTTP Live Streaming. Our team is geographically diverse. We're looking for someone whose "people skills" complement their technical skills, someone who loves improving things as much as building things, and someone who is passionate about discovering new ways to accelerate the rate at which we can improve our products. If this sounds like you, join our team!
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.