Location: Chelmsford - Massachusetts
Join our team as a Mechanical Continuation Engineering Supervisor.
- Provide support to maintain production of both existing product designs and new derivative NPI products.
- Responsible for design and development work on existing and derivative products and practical solutions to complex problems.
- Invent, innovate or otherwise use initiative and ingenuity to create product. improvement concepts so that Rockwell will have proprietary technical advantage over competition.
- Provide technical leadership to a project team to achieve product performance, production, quality, cost and schedule objectives.
- Ability to utilize analytical and mathematical skills appropriate to responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and to increase and update knowledge and methods affecting area of responsibility.
- Evaluate the feasibility of product design modification proposals through modelling, prototyping and simulation.
- Lead derivative design modification concepts through feasibility, prototyping, development, testing and into production.
- Collaborate with other functional teams, including software, electrical engineering, industrialization engineering and overseas production locations.
- Manage a team of Mechanical Engineers and Mechanical Technicians supporting a wide variety of existing products and NPI derivative projects.
- Through leadership by example, create an environment where creative, innovative products are developed continuously.
- Foster within engineering a culture of continuous improvement with regard to productivity, cost-savings, and time-to-market.
- Improve engineering productivity and time-to-market through new methods and procedures and increased use of information tools.
- Develop and maintain a staff of professional personnel that achieve planned results and enable the business to design and support state-of-the-art products that are globally competitive.
- Ability to make appropriate and effective use of oral and written English to communicate, cooperate and negotiate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to engage in cooperative and responsible behavior which affects the operation of the department and the company in a positive manner.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other functional areas such as the Manufacturing, Marketing and Purchasing teams.
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgment and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work and effectively monitor assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Manage department budgets and expenses in line with BU financial expectations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of Mechanical design experience..
- Experience with Pro/Engineer (Creo) or SolidWorks CAD software and PDM libraries.
- Knowledge and experience with the manufacturing process of castings, plastic moldings, and machined parts.
- 2-5 years of experience managing a team of approx. 5 people.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering / MBA
- Working knowledge of design tools including modelling, FEA, and simulation such as Ansys.
- Working knowledge of appropriate agency design standards (TUV, UL, CSA).
- Working knowledge of the design and validation process for IP-rated enclosures.
- Design expertise in electro-mechanical assemblies subject to harsh environments.
- Working knowledge of SAP business software.
- Strong analytical skills and decision making ability.
- Ability to operate and motivate people in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work successfully with all functions of the organization, fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).