Location: Cleveland - Ohio
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
As a Software Engineer Associate, you will be a member of the team responsible for developing innovative software products and solutions for Rockwell Automation. This position is focused on implementing next generation communication software products for Rockwell Automation Connected Enterprise using modern Internet of Things tools and methodologies. We are passionate about technology, innovation, and continuous learning. We want you to join our team as a software engineer, not just a programmer. Our software teams understand how important it is to see the larger system picture. They have a working understanding of the full software development lifecycle and how their efforts contribute to the overall success of our products and our customers.
In this position you will design and develop new software products and features, focusing on prototyping new functionality and developing proof- of- concept applications. You will have an exciting opportunity to learn core RA technologies from product experts. Development is performed in a team environment utilizing state-of-the-art engineering and software development practices and technology. You will gain vast knowledge of our industrial automation, remote monitoring products and cloud computing technology. We look for a creative and technically skilled candidate who enjoys being part of a dynamic team with a lot of responsibility and the opportunity for personal development.
Development is performed in a team environment utilizing sound engineering and software development practices and technology. Development is typically at the module design and implementation level with assistance by senior engineers.
Essential functions include:
- Develops an understanding of the department's software development process and procedures.
- Becomes proficient in the use of software tools required to analyze, design, debug, and test software modules.
- Develops an understanding of the design, then develops and documents code, which satisfies the design, according to the development process. Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports, analyzes, debugs, and corrects defects per the development process. Assists with integration of other components to produce a final product.
- Participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Provides work estimates and status reports to the technical lead and Project Manager, as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Keeps informed of new developments in the software engineering and computer engineering fields. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
- Takes ownership of assignments by understanding expected output, requesting help as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not provide visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of related professional experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).