Location: United States of America Mayfield Heights
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
As Information Systems Software Developer Team Lead you will be the leader of a team of developers in the research and development center responsible for developing innovative software products and solutions for Rockwell Automation. This position is focused on implementing Connected Enterprise using modern Internet of Things tools and methodologies. We are passionate about technology, innovation, and continuous learning. We want you to join our team as a software engineer and leader, not just a programmer. Our software teams understand how important it is to see the larger system picture. They have a working understanding of the full software development lifecycle and how their efforts contribute to the overall success of our products and our customers.
In this position you will design and develop new software products and features, focusing on prototyping new functionality and developing proof- of- concept applications. Development is performed in a team environment utilizing state-of-the-art engineering and software development practices and technology. You will gain vast knowledge of our industrial automation, remote monitoring products and cloud computing technology. We look for a creative and technically skilled candidate who enjoys being part of and directing a dynamic team with increasing responsibility and the opportunity for personal development.
- Function as a technical lead of a small to mid-sized development team.
- Independently gathers and documents requirements of the feature and its components.
- Contributes to architectural design and independently develops system designs that meet the requirements. Provides estimates for the design. Considers tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Develops and documents code, according to the development process, that satisfies the software design. Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports, analyzes, debugs and corrects anomalies. Integrates with other components, solving problems across subsystems and products, to produce a final product. Responsibilities may extend to the technical management of the design, testing and integration of other engineers' work in related areas.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Typically responsible for the ongoing maintenance and integrity of several software subsystems.
- Provides work estimates and status reports as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Keeps informed of new developments in the software engineering and computer engineering fields and disseminates appropriately through the organization. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
- Researches, considers, and explores new possibilities utilizing the latest technologies and standards. May function as a go-to person for a technology, software methodology or other area of expertise.
- Initiates or contributes to software development capability improvement in the areas of software development practices and development tools.
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written. Also able to learn and understand complex control system concepts.
- Effectively teams with others throughout mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not provide visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future.
- Typically requires 2+ years of management experience in Software Development environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).