Location: Richland Center - Wisconsin
The Low Voltage Motor Control Center (LVMCC) Application Engineering Department has high commitment to continuous learning with a detailed training and on-boarding program in a fast-paced environment. LVMCC Application Engineering is responsible for providing custom motor control center (MCC) solutions for customer in a wide range of industries. Engineers in this role will be responsible for managing multiple projects at once with varying milestones. They will be collaborating with Sales, Commercial Engineering, Development Engineering, Manufacturing, and Tech Support to solve our customer's problems and support our MCCs throughout their lifecycle.
A portion of the time will be spent working with our manufacturing team providing support on orders within Richland Center. The other portion is executing sales orders and completing the electrical and mechanical design, as well as the providing the bill of material (BOM) for manufacturing. This brings critical support for engineers located around the globe.
- Review and understand customer specifications and drawings.
- Interface with the customer on technical, schedule, and commercial aspects of the order.
- Resolve and document exceptions and questions.
- Develop a knowledge of Rockwell products and be able to speak to the benefits of them in certain applications.
- Create and/or modify electrical schematics to provide customers with a custom, best possible solution.
- Create and/or modify mechanical models of electrical component assembly.
- Create and/or modify mechanical assemblies to align with custom designs.
- Provide final factory build documents including Bill of Material (BOM).
- Collaborate with manufacturing to provide build instructions and to resolve technical issues.
- Support manufacturing for issues encountered during build process.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Are able to handle multiple projects and deadlines running in parallel.
- Are a creative problem solver who likes researching different ways to make our customers lives easier.
- Are able to see the impact of the decisions you make and be proactive about addressing potential roadblocks.
- Like working with a diverse, cross-functional group of people and personalities and can communicate your ideas effectively.
- Enjoy learning new processes and products and are willing to extend beyond your job scope to help issues get resolved.
- Can make decisions while dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Are willing to learn both electrical and mechanical disciplines to provide a complete solution for our customers.
- Are curious about how Motor Control Centers work and contribute to the larger customer solution.
- Enjoy variety in day-to-day activities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).