Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is looking for someone to grow their career as an Engineering Manager. You will manage a team of electronic hardware engineers focused on enabling design verification and certification of electronic hardware systems through test plan development, test automation, custom test firmware, and other creative solutions to test hardware efficiently, repeatedly, and earlier than before. The test automation developed will be applied to our existing and next generation Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices. You will have the ability to make major impacts on product developments, collaborating with leadership across Engineering, Product Management, Business, Quality, and Operations. This environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product development. You will be continually supported with mentorship and coaching.
- Manage a team of 10-15 Hardware Engineers and Technicians in a servant leadership manner to provide coordination and guidance for your team in the areas of hardware test architecture and automation for electronic hardware design verification and certification.
- Own the technical roadmap for test automation and execution, providing direction to your hardware team and corresponding firmware teams. Own the resource plans for helping your team acquire the needed skills to implement the strategy.
- Take leadership for an organizational initiative and work across peer managers across the world to move that area forward. This would be in areas like talent management, simulation/analysis tools, or process changes. You will also be responsible for project sponsorship for global developments.
- Ensure product development activities comply with corporate and business level processes and procedures. Be responsible for helping the team think and create a continuous improvement mindset against those processes and procedures.
- Develop your team by assisting them with goal setting and achievement, providing for their continued development, motivation, and performing performance management. Work with individuals to help them reach their full potential.
- Encourage a positive and inclusive work environment to foster outstanding performance. Work with leadership to understand and then implement the vision of a performance driven and collaborative workplace.
- Help your team eliminate non-value add work by leading improvement activities in design capabilities and processes so your team is best in class in development execution.
- Be relentless in our pursuit of delivering quality designs and implementations right the first time.
- Be a key part of a cross functional product development team, responsible for the creation and execution of product development and delivery strategies to achieve Business goals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in product development, test, and release of electronic hardware systems
- Typically requires 2 years of experience demonstrating technical leadership capabilities, working effectively with different levels of staff across functional boundaries
- Experience with electronic hardware and firmware integration during product development
- Experience releasing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as CE and IEC 61010
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- 1-2 years of experience developing products using Agile/Scrum methodologies, ideally in a Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience in industrial automation product development or related technical areas, including background with large scale system development projects
- Experience working with global team members on multi-campus product development
- Experience in project management, either as a combination of technical lead and project management role or as a dedicated project manager
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards, such as IEC 61508 or IEC 61511
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443
- Experience leading 3rd party engineering partners
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).