Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
The Production Supervisor directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals including safety, quality, customer service, productivity, and lean manufacturing objectives. Prioritize production based on customer demand, staffing levels, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plan and administer procedures and budgets. Make budgetary recommendations including capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor levels. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Week 1; 4:30am-5:00pm Thursday-Sunday
Week 2; 4:30am-5:00pm Friday-Sunday
- Schedules work through the various manufacturing and/or test cell(s) and manages the floor space to assure adequate flow of production. For continuous flow cells, manages line balance ensuring the pacing process is adequately staffed to maintain desired output levels.
- Perform regular daily audits of key processes to ensure optimum process performance.
- Respond to test and production problems by personally investigating and resolving such problems with hourly and salaried personnel to assure a continuing flow of product. Utilize formal problem solving methodologies (8D, DMAIC, PDCA, etc) to discover and eliminate root cause.
- Lead report-out of metrics weekly to management.
- Support PFEP (Plan For Every Part) initiatives to ensure assurance of supply and minimize non-value-added activities.
- Create and coach factory teams, assign and monitor hourly personnel in test and/or assembly areas to accomplish daily production and repair schedules to Rockwell Automation quality standards.
- Develop, plan and implement continuous quality improvement through teams within the area of responsibility to attain World Class Quality.
- Coach teams in maintaining accurate reporting of employee time and work performance within the area.
- In conjunction with manufacturing teams and support personnel, develop and implement new or enhanced policies and procedures for test and/or assembly.
- Develop and implement action plans to meet department goals in the areas of labor efficiency, labor utilization, housekeeping, on-time shipments and productivity improvements.
- Develop and adhere to leader standard work. Monitor/update/approve standard work for department/cell team leads and audit adherence to standard work for production associates.
- Use personal computer and mainframe programs to obtain, organize, and analyze data and to prepare charts and reports. Software skills required in word processing, spreadsheet, and SAP.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14001, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Encourage employee involvement in and ownership of continuous improvement activities focused on waste reduction.
- Maintain our union-free environment through timely and accurate communication to employees, maintaining a safe work environment, giving timely performance feedback to employees beyond the yearly written appraisals, and cultivating a team approach within the department
- Maintain discipline through employee adherence to policies and procedures.
Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Prior leadership position in a manufacturing environment.
2 plus years as a manufacturing supervisor
Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations regarding and, at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Develops schedules and personnel requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).