About SUNY Broome Community College:
SUNY Broome Community College (http://www1.sunybroome.edu/) is accepting applications and nominations for an Associate Dean for Nursing. Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Dean (AVP/Dean) of Health Sciences, the Associate Dean for Nursing is the primary liaison to local health care agencies and is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic vision for the program with approval from College Administration. The Associate Dean will provide independent assistance with program planning, evaluation and administration in the division; recruitment of students; maintenance of all appropriate records; and direct the work of the Nursing Chairperson, Nursing Clinical Coordinator, Lab staff, and program Secretary to attain program outcomes. For more information, please visit www.hyatt-fennell.com.
SUNY Broome Community College is a public community college in Broome County, New York. It is part of the State University of New York. The school is located in the town of Dickinson, just north of the City of Binghamton, New York. SUNY Broome Community College supports all members of the learning community by creating access to inclusive, diverse educational experiences. Success is achieved through the provision of innovative academics, transformative student support, and meaningful civic & community engagement.
- Oversees the Nursing Chair in the recruitment of qualified adjunct faculty and makes recommendations to the Dean of Health Sciences and the Vice President of Academic Affair (VPAA) on the hiring of adjunct faculty and oversees adjunct departmental orientation. Advises the Dean of Health Sciences and the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) on all nursing hiring decisions, and oversees the departmental orientation for all new hires.
- Collaborates with Admissions on the development of freshman nursing cohorts, and oversees the Nursing Chair and faculty in the scheduling, advisement, orientation, and registration of new freshmen cohorts and continuing nursing students.
- Oversees the Nursing Chair in the development of the course schedule and assignment of teaching load to full-time and part-time instructional faculty.
- Assists the AVP/Dean for Health Sciences in the development of grant proposals for Nursing and the Health Sciences Division.
- Prepares and submits all accreditation, regulatory reports, graduate and alumni surveys, and campus assessment reports in consultation with the Dean of Health Sciences and the VPAA to ensure compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Provides project management oversight of faculty-driven curriculum initiatives and other program initiatives to ensure compliance with Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- Monitors and organizes evidence in support of the program's Systematic Plan of Evaluation and establishes program strategic priorities based on outcome data.
- Sets the charge for the various nursing faculty committees and collaborates with the Nursing Chair to set meeting agendas and ensures broad-based faculty participation and equitable accomplishment of tasks.
- Prepares budget, budget planning documents, maintains budget controls and expenditures, and approves purchase orders and payroll in consultation with Nursing Faculty as assigned.
- Oversees development of clinical affiliation agreements and instructional equipment agreements with third-party vendors through appropriate college processes.
- Conducts program Advisory Board Meetings and represents the Nursing program at campus and professional meetings with local area health care providers. Serve on campus-wide committees and in shared governance processes as needed.
- Works with Nursing faculty and staff to maintain student records as required.
- Collaborates with the Nursing Chair on resolving student and faculty grievance issues as appropriate.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the AVP/Dean and the VPAA for all proposed nursing online course development requests.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required. Doctorate in Nursing or closely related field preferred.
- At least three (3) years' experience in higher education required. Ideal candidate will possess a combination of both teaching and academic management. One (1) year of appropriate leadership is required.
- Understanding of the various conceptual and methodological features of the initiatives offered within Academic Affairs, and a sense of how these initiatives are integrated in the pursuit of knowledge and in the promotion of learning at the program and college level.
- Understanding of and ability to clearly communicate the aims and purpose of academic initiatives, particularly as they relate to Nursing and the College as a whole.
- Knowledge to effectively manage and lead a complex academic program.
- Working knowledge of administering and developing a budget.
- Solid knowledge of the national and state-level initiatives and policy discussions related to Nursing which may have bearing on nursing education.
- Solid knowledge of accreditation and regulatory requirements as related to the profession of Nursing.
SUNY Broome Community College is being assisted by the search consultants of Hyatt-Fennell.
Submit applications, which include a letter of interest, a current Resume/CV and information for five professional references, by clicking apply now.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and any offer of employment by SUNY Broome will be conditional based upon the result of a satisfactory, pre-employment background check. All applications and nominations are considered highly confidential.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum.
The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.