This position provides analytical support for the organizational financial planning process and works collaboratively with finance analysts to provide optimal business partner relationships with clinical and operational leaders across the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Coordinates the collection of relevant volume data for AAMC organizations to support revenue and expense planning.
- Maintains volume data in reporting format conducive to presentation to senior leadership (ex: historical trends for last 3 years, seasonality trends, etc.).
- Develops net patient revenue projections by incorporating relevant rate, volume, payer mix information, and contractual or other allowances, where applicable. Validates revenue projections against actual revenue reported in financial statements.
- Develops other operating revenue projections supported by detailed assumptions
- Prepares and maintains the applicable budgeting system with the appropriate historical information in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Uploads historical and current information into budget templates for department leadership use guided by margin improvement targets.
- Prices salary values based on FTE mix, merit adjustments and other adjustments that may impact salary expense. Performs reconciliation to ensure year over year change in FTEs correlate to the change in salary expense. Develops relevant and timely reporting of FTE information.
- Works with department leadership to facilitate timely and complete capital and operating expense requests review (ex: SBARs)
- Plays key role in the development, preparation and consolidation of budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans.
- Generates clear, concise, complete and timely reports, as requested, for management evaluation through the planning process.
Five (5) years of financial planning, analysis and budgeting including a minimum of two (2) years of healthcare experience.
Expertise in business finance activities such as budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, variance analysis, and planning.
Understands partner's priorities and acts as a co-pilot to guide them through financial and business decisions.
Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with financial performance systems competencies.
Strong oral and written communication.
Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Strong organizational, prioritization, and process management skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.