The Practice Supervisor has full responsibility and accountability for the overall operation, financial and administrative performance of an assigned single physician practice. The Practice Supervisors focus will be on operational improvement, effectiveness, efficiency, productivity of the practice and superior patient experience.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Select, mentor and develop all practice employees. Meet with office staff at regular intervals to implement new procedures, monitor personnel issues and improve operational efficiencies.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for all practice employees.
- Cooperates with both HCE central functions and AAMC stakeholders relevant to the physician practice.
- Approve all expenditures and ordering of supplies according to HCE policies and signature authority.
- Implement strategic initiatives and provide administrative support to the practice physicians.
- Communicates financial and billing information with providers on a regular basis.
- Maintains contact with the Practice Director or Practice Manager regarding important issues.
- Monitor the daily charge capture process and provides feedback to the Central Billing Office.
- Assist in the quality enhancement programs and insure HIPAA compliance at all times.
10. Participate in practice projects and cooperate with other Practice Supervisors/Managers.
- Minimum of two years of experience in private physician office management. Proficient in the use of spreadsheet software and database systems. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills. Motivated, achievement oriented, ability to multi-task.
- Preferred: Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in business administration, health administration, finance or related field highly desired or, equivalent in practice management experience.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary