Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200230567
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Applied Machine Learning team has built platforms and solutions for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with partners across entire company, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers. Your job will be to ensure Apple-grade quality of our product across all dimensions and maintain stable and reliable software delivery pipeline. Are you up to this challenge?
- The position requires solid knowledge of clean coding practices and hands on experience with open source technologies in areas of Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Solid Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Java and/or Python.
- Proven record of designing test automation frameworks for UI, CLI and API based testing.
- Experience of testing distributed systems built around such technologies as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Solr
- General understanding of Machine Learning lifecycle, concepts and major technologies
- Practical experience of planning and executing Integration, System, API and Acceptance testing including building comprehensive test automation frameworks.
- Candidate is expected to be comfortable in Linux environment, working with CLI, Git and Shell-scripting.
- Familiarity with containerization solutions like Docker and Kubernetes, as well as configuration and deployment management.
- Some exposure to the domain of performance testing and monitoring using Gatling, JMeter or similar tools is preferable.
- Practical experience with cloud infrastructure in AWS and/or Google Cloud is a strong plus.
Join Apple's Applied Machine Learning Team, as a Software Engineer in Test, to help build and deliver innovative software applications. Candidates must have quality assurance experience on large scale mission critical applications. The main responsibilities for this position include: Design and implement test automation frameworks for large scale multi-tier distributed applications to maintain high quality standards of both front and back end. Create and maintain tools to assist better quality of application development, distribution and deployment. Report and verify issues, monitor results of automated test execution. Integrate test coverage, system and unit testing frameworks, deployment, release and monitoring tools to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery. Implement and maintain required code, configuration and infrastructure management services and solutions. Work together with development, dev-operations and project management teams to promote clean coding, effective deployment an quality solution for the benefit of end user.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science with 7 years or MS plus 5 years experience or related experience.