Sr. SW Engineer, Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200229730
There are jobs and then there are opportunities. Do you desire to be part of a phenomenal project at the very early stage? In this role you will join an extraordinary engineering team to help build a software Load Balancer platform to support the growing Apple Cloud environment. Apple is looking for senior software engineers who are passionate about building and operating a highly scalable, fault-tolerant and robust systems to support one of the largest infrastructures.
- You have experience with computation frameworks (e.g., Spark, Hadoop), distributed messaging services (e.g., Kafka), and databases (e.g., Cassandra).
- You are fluent in Java. Python or Scala expertise is a plus.
- You know Yarn, Mesos, Kubernetes, or other compute substrates.
- You have experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- You have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Most importantly, you are thrilled to help solve our Big data challenges on cloud.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design, implementation capabilities, strong customer focus, and an innate drive to deliver results. In this role, you will get to be an early member of the team to build cloud data offerings. You will help develop the next-generation libraries, services, and data pipelines to give our customers seamless end-to-end ingestion, processing, and consumption of cloud data experience.
Education & Experience
- MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or EE, or BS with relevant industry experience